Joy Is a Choice

Joy is a choice.  Psalm 16:11 says, "You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand."  

This verse very simply tells us that joy is found in God's presence.  Only a surrendered heart, can be a joyful heart.  Surrender is moment by moment laying down my will, my rights and my wants to embrace God's will in His paths of life.  Oh, the time I waste overcomplicating God's plan for joy with my own plans, emotions, and agendas.   

When my joy is gone, I simply need to take my heart back into the presence of God and lay down me, myself, and I.  That is a choice.  My lack of joy cannot be blamed on others.  Changing the scenery or running from difficult situations will not change the lack of joy.  God is more about me facing life than blaming others for my life.  That is why I keep saying, joy is a choice.  I must choose to believe that living life in the presence of God is possible as I turn to God's Word, pray and cry out for His way over my own way.  

I Thes. 5:16-18 puts it this way, "Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."  

Prayer:  "Lord forgive my sin of grumbling and sin of ingratitude.  Thank you for your presence that reminds me of the peace of choosing joy, gratitude, and fellowship with you.  As difficult people, circumstances and challenges come my way, remind me to choose your way over mine.  Your word says clearly that your path is marked out for me so I have nothing to fear.  Help me spend less time trying to determine your will and more time in your presence doing your will."

Cannot be reproduced without permission from shellyanne1130@gmail.com

Popular Posts