Peace



Recently, I went on a Ladies’ Retreat designed to let each woman there seek to sit in the presence of God.  While I was reading Mark 4, I began to journal about all the circumstances in my life that had me screaming, “Lord, do you even care!”  After a couple of pages of pouring out all my stress and struggles and after reading back over the Scripture in Mark 4:35-41, the Lord made the following principles clear to my troubled heart:

  •     Learn to access God during the daily craziness of life! This may mean that I take time to pray, write a paragraph in my journal, put on some praise music, rewind a scripture over and over in my head, find the blessings in the moment or just be quiet. 
  •     Learn to leave the crowd and get in the boat with Jesus! Take time away from people to be with God so I will be worth something when I am with people!
  •     In the moment-by-moment storms, I must remember Jesus is with me!
  •     Not only is He with me, but He also controls the storms and every single moment of life!
  •     Learn to close my eyes, take a deep breath and hear the voice of Jesus whisper into my stress and craziness, “Peace! Be still!” (Mark 4:39)
  
If I don’t learn to practice God’s presence this way, I will continue to hear Jesus say, “Why are you so troubled? Have you still no faith?” (Mark 4:40)

Cannot be reproduced without permission from shellyanne1130@gmail.com

Popular Posts