Beauty: Enthralled or Entrapped?

The King is enthralled with my beauty of spirit, 
So why do I have such a hard time believing and hearing it? 

Outward beauty is fleeting He records, 
Still, I find myself not listening to the Lord. 

Knitted so specially in my mother's womb, 
So why do I let self-imposed standards loom. 

Fearfully and wonderfully made from head to toe, 
No need to feel pressure to put on such a big show. 

His work is wonderful and I am no exception, 
however, still, I find myself easily caught in the outward beauty obsession. 

Cuts and colors, sparkles and spas, outfits so fitted, 
and make-up so suave. 

Waxing and tanning, wrinkle cream too, 
so much maintenance, so much to do. 

Rest finally returns when I take His Word to heart. 
How is it I find it so easy to depart? 
Back in perspective is the all-consuming outward appearance deception, 
when I lock my eyes on my King with obsession. 

O God give me the unfading beauty of your gentle and quiet spirit, as you whisper words of love and longing, may I hear it. 

Enthralled with my beauty indeed, 
O God My King, you are all I need!

Cannot be reproduced without permission from shellyanne1130@gmail.com

Popular Posts