What's Your Passion?

Passion comes out of our hearts and overflows through our words.  I am a native Texan. If you ask me about Texas, I can talk for a while. I have a passion for the things in my home state. I love big sunsets, sprawling oak trees, and big, wide-open, fast highways. I love the Texas State Fair, Fletcher's State Fair Corn Dogs, and Big Tex. I love the Cotton Bowl, and the UT vs. OU rivalry. I love Texas barbeque BEEF brisket, Texas Mexican food, Texas shopping, Cowboy's football, and the Texas Longhorns. I have deep Texas heritage and was the first in my immediate family to move out of Texas since maybe the Alamo! 

I love the Alamo in San Antonio and the feel of Texas stadium during a cowboy game. I love the family I have spread out all over the land of Texas, the friends that I have there who mentored me, and the memories of life there. But as many of you know, I haven't lived there in 28 years.  

So you may ask, why live in Georgia if you love Texas so much? I love Jesus more, and it is His plan that I pour out my life for Him here in the great peach state! If I were to ask you what you love, you could all go on with passion about something. The point is, can we lay down our love for that passion and follow Jesus? Have we surrendered so we can follow Jesus above all else? We all have images of who we want to be in this world, but are we willing to let God take all our images away until we resemble only His image? Jesus says it best in Matthew 16:24, "If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me." He's calling you.  Are you willing to follow with passion for Him wherever He leads you?

Cannot be reproduced without permission from shellyanne1130@gmail.com

Popular Posts