Speechless...

I was blessed to attend a prayer retreat this week called Speechless. It did leave me speechless which is a real accomplishment. I walked away realizing how comfortable I had become in my ministry and my Christianity. Comfortable in a way that needed to be shaken up and poured out. 

First, I was reminded that I should obey Christ no matter the cost. In centuries past, John Knoxx wanted salvation so bad for his country, he prayed, "Give me Scotland or give me death." Esther said, "I will go...if I perish, I perish." Paul said, "To live is Christ, to die is gain." Paul even said he would go to hell in the place of those he was so burdened for. Many throughout history have followed Jesus no matter the cost, even if it was death. I was convicted that it is easy to talk about commitment and hard to live it out with abandon. God forgive me! 

Second, I was reminded of the need to follow prayer with action. I can pray for the lost, but if I never tell them how to be found, what is the point? I have to look for opportunities that are connected to my prayer life. How often have I just walked on by and missed an opportunity because I was not surrendered to the Holy Spirit's leading? Furthermore, action without the Spirit's leading is self-righteousness.

Third, I was challenged to go deeper with God in all areas of my life. Is my quiet time with God just on the checklist or do I really seek to be in His presence? Do I offer quick, general confessions (God forgive ALL my sin) and avoid time in specific conviction and confession. Do I glance at God and gaze at my problems? Do I confess without repenting? Do I look to others for direction more than I look to God? Do I make excuses rather than repent of sin? 

Finally, with a culture that is so prosperous and a church culture that is so full of complacency and confusion, I need personal revival. God sweeping revival seems so foreign to me, but my God is able. Even if I am not allowed to see revival on a large scale in my lifetime, I can choose to live sold-out and surrendered in personal revival. 

Today is the day to choose which life I want. Will it be comfortable and complacent "on the border" Christianity, or will it be a sold-out surrender with God-consuming invasion? I choose to be invaded how about you?

Cannot be reproduced without permission from shellyanne1130@gmail.com

Popular Posts