Friendship

I just returned from a much needed trip with a friend. We have children all the same ages so between us that makes six kids. While the kids played, we visited, sharpened each other and shared. She is a godly girlfriend who makes me want to love Jesus, my husband and my kids more. She is a gift from God in my life and a friend who models what a friend in Christ should be. I came away refreshed and thinking about how blessed I am to have her in my life. We may only see each other once a year and talk on the phone hit or miss, but we both know that we are linked through prayer and ongoing growth in Christ. We pick right back up sharing when we get the chance. She is not draining, whining, negative, or high maintenance. I do not have to prove I am her friend with calls, cards, or other pursuits. She is a friend in Christ and that has always been our link. With the above said, do you have a friend in Christ you can call on? Do you have someone who will speak the truth to you when you need to hear it? 

Based on the facts below, see if you are the kind of friend God wants you to be. 

  • Friends are giving. I Sam 18:4
  • Friends are loyal. I Sam 19:4-5
  • Friends are trustworthy. I Sam. 20:1-4 
  • Friends let us be real no matter how scary that is. I Sam 20:41-42
  • Friends find the good in us & encourage us. I Sam 23:15-18
  • A despairing man should have the devotion of his friends. Job 6:14
  • The righteous are cautious in friendship. Prov. 12:16
  • A friend loves at all times. Prov. 17:17
  • Jesus laid down his life for his friends. Jn. 15:13
  • Two are better than one… Ecclesiastes 4:9-10
Questions to Consider:
  • Do you find yourself building your friends up or tearing them down?
  • How do the words you speak affect your friendships?
  • How do you handle being left out and how can God help?
  • Have you ever talked bad about a friend to make yourself look better?

"A true friend shares freely, advises justly, assists readily, adventures boldly, takes all patiently, defends courageously, and continues as a friend unchangeably." William Penn

Cannot be reproduced without permission from shellyanne1130@gmail.com

Popular Posts