Complacent or Consumed?

God has been reminding me lately that He wastes nothing in our lives.  Every experience bad or good is intended to shape us and make us more in love with Him.  However, we must choose to trust him as we walk daily through the good and bad of life.  God gave us the free will to choose to hold tight to him or run hard the other way.  God is not out to “get us.”  God is not just waiting for us to mess up.  He is the loving, all-knowing God who sees us at our worst and best and loves us anyway.  He is the God who we can cling to and trust with all of our lives. He is the God that desires all of our life. Paul said in Phil. 1:21 “For to me, to live is Christ…” To live is to have all our life consumed by Christ.

My husband said it like this in a sermon, "We must run to the battle not from the battle.  We need God to create in us a sense of urgency if complacency has cuddled us into safe pastures of religion.  I can’t help but believe that if more of God’s people were proclaiming God’s message daily,  there would be more fervency, urgency, and need for boldness in our church prayer meetings. We must be willing to obey the command to proclaim Jesus, accept conflict when it comes, pray for boldness, be filled with the Holy Spirit, and then rise and go forward to proclaim."

Can we really say that our life is consumed with Christ? Are we proclaiming Him daily? Does our prayer life reflect a life consumed by Christ? Can we make the following our prayer?

“Dear Lord help me surrender fully to you.  May I want you more than I want anything else.  Show me what I am consumed with, and may I put aside all that is not of you.  Let me be consumed with you Jesus!”  Amen

Cannot be reproduced without permission from shellyanne1130@gmail.com

Popular Posts