Focus

I write with a burdened heart this morning. Have you ever just felt overwhelmed by all the brokenness? Have you ever just begged God for victory in the hurt around you in the world? I know this, I am not God and I can't fix all that needs to be fixed by my words, my advice, or even my support. What I can do is pray. What I can do is continue to believe that it is the truth of God's Word that sets the captives free. What I can do is focus on Jesus Messiah who is the name above all names; the one who paid the ransom for the thief on the cross and the worst of sinners. He is the one who I must focus on and know deeply if my life will have anything to pour out.

This is a continual choice in my life. I am a fixer in my first born, over the top, nature. What a revelation that God didn't save me to fix things. He saved me to know Him. He saved me by His amazing grace to serve with humility. Pain is part of life and part of growth. My heart hurts when I can't fix the conflict in my kid's lives. My heart hurts as I watch them face struggles knowing that they need to grow stronger without me stepping in to make it all okay. Part of learning to be responsible and learning to walk with God involves neediness. If I am right there to always smooth the road of life for them, they will be in shock someday when they realize that the road of life is just not smooth. It is full of pot holes, dirt roads, steep paths, and winding decisions. Clarity on the road comes from learning about total dependence on God. I am still on the road learning this, how about you? Whose wisdom are you seeking? Are you on God's path or your own? Do you feel more needy for God everyday or do you think you are pretty wise on your own?

Proverbs 3:5-6 says, "Trust in the Lord with ALL your HEART, learn not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge him and HE will direct your path." 
John 3:30 is a good follow-up, "He must become greater, I must become less."

Prayer: "God help us need you desperately. Teach us how to walk confidently in you. Show us how to pray without ceasing on the matters of the heart. Deliver us from "fixing" and make us faithful.

Cannot be reproduced without permission from shellyanne1130@gmail.com

Popular Posts