Enough

Ephesians 4:7 “But to each one of us grace has been given as Christ apportioned it.”
Exodus 16:18 “…He who gathered much did not have too much, and he who gathered little did not have too little.  Each one gathered as much as he needed.”
Exodus 16:35 “The Israelites ate manna forty years until they came to the land that was settled; they ate manna until they reached the border of Cannan.”

Life is good when we live in the portion of grace Gad has provided for us.  Manna was apportioned by God for His children in just the right amounts to meet their individual needs.

In the same way, God daily apportions grace for us that is just enough and perfectly fitting to supply our needs for just that day.  We stumble when we try and live in tomorrow’s manna.  We stumble when we try to live off someone else’s grace.  Grace is given by God and is given as each one personally needs it.

The Israelites that tried to gather manna above their needs for that day wound up with rot on their hands. In the same way, my life is rotten when I try to gather up all my future worries and find God’s solution in my own strength and reasoning.

Exodus 16 tells us that God’s children that went to gather manna on the day of rest found none and those who gathered too much in the morning to hoard it for the next day found the extra manna stinking and full of maggots.  My life stinks in my own planning, provision, and running. God’s grace is perfect for now.  God’s grace is enough without any of my extra gathering.  The trouble comes when I try and add to what God has already provided.

As my mother-in-law hangs between heaven and earth today, God’s grace is enough moment by moment.  I don’t know what grace will need to be apportioned to each believer in our family tonight or tomorrow, but I am thankful that grace is apportioned as needed by Jesus my Lord.  I am thankful for having the blessing of crying out to my all-knowing, all-consuming, grace-giving Heavenly Father who provides what I need to walk in Phil. 4:4-7.  I am thankful for all the praying believers God has graced our lives with. His grace is enough.

Cannot be reproduced without permission from shellyanne1130@gmail.com

Popular Posts