Do I See Jesus Like John Did?

Revelation 1:1-20 is an incredible testimony of Jesus Christ!  We think of the book or Revelation as such a hard book to unravel many times, but really it gives us a beautiful picture of Christ and His presence in our lives past, present and future. This is how Jesus is described to us from John's personal encounter:
  • His head and hair.... whiter than snow
  • His eyes.... blazing fire
  • His feet..... glowing bronze
  • His voice....like rushing water
  • His hands.... large, powerful and hold His servants
  • His mouth.... delivers a double edged sword
  • His face....like the sun shining in brilliance
John had to take time to be still before God and hear from Him.  When Jesus spoke, John was in a place to listen.  When John heard Jesus' voice, he turned to see the vision of Jesus reported in Rev. 1:12-16. 


At the sight of Jesus John responded as recorded, "When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead."  I am pretty sure at this point John no longer had a vision of any of his suffering, circumstances, loneliness, or self.  Jesus so consumed him, he died to himself.  All of this made me ask myself the following questions about how I see Jesus:

  • Do I take time to listen to Jesus' voice daily?
  • Do I live like Jesus is present in my life?
  • Do I envision my Jesus as described and fall on my face daily in awe that one so powerful would speak to me and use my life?
  • Do I put aside my own preferences and preconceived ideas and make myself open to Jesus' vision?
  • Do I fall down in conviction or fake humility?
  • Do I have my heart bowed before His power or do I stand in my own pride?
  • Do I really believe Jesus cares about my fears and frustrations and do I surrender to His ways over my own?
  • Do I live in the light of how great my Savior is and was and is to come?
He is my first and my last.  He is the beginning of my life and the end.  He is present in all of it.  He is the One who calms my fears, holds me in His right hand, speaks to me personally, frees me from sin and death, the Almighty One, and the One called Faithful and True who is coming soon!  

May God help us change our daily earthly perspective to a consuming eternal vision!

Cannot be reproduced without permission from shellyanne1130@gmail.com




Popular Posts