Run with a View of All Things New

I have been reading Revelation and Psalms together.  What a picture that brings to the glorious God that we serve!  I am going to focus on Revelation 21:1-6 in this blog.  This is a picture of the new heaven and the new earth that is coming. These verses give us a picture of the Holy City, loud voices from God's throne, the eternal dwelling of men in God's never-ending, overwhelming, awesome presence.  So, for me, I am not even sure I can begin to imagine that I will dwell right with God forever! I wonder if I will ever get off my face?   

In John 1:14 we read the words, "The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us, We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father full of grace and truth."  When we accept Christ as Savior, He dwells within us.  However, the picture we see in Rev. 21 is an eternal dwelling of perfection.  We will dwell untouched by sin, death, evil, temptation, or the devil.  There will be no more struggle, mourning, tears, pain suffering, temptation, or imperfection.  The struggle of the old order will be gone!  The one seated on the throne will make everything NEW, and we will be right there to see it!  

Not only will our LORD make everything new, He will finish everything!  Rev. 21:6 says, "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End!"  What wonderful words to hear.  The world of sin and suffering is done! Complete and continual victory in Jesus will reign!  We will drink continually of the springs of the water of life.  We will never be thirsty again.  We will be eternally full of His presence. It is done!

Last, we need to take heart that this life is more than earthly.  We need to get a heavenly perspective of who we are in Christ and what is to come for us.  We need to stop living like we are losing and focus on the victory that is ours now and to come eternally in Christ Jesus our Lord.  We are overcomers not overwhelmed hangeroners!  We need to pray to be thirsty for His living water of life in His Word.  That is the only way we will avoid a cold, worn, and shackled heart that barely makes it before the throne.  I don't want to scrape by.  I want to run passionately to the only One who can make all things new!  I want to run with eternity in mind and the words, "Well Done!"  ever echoing in my head. How about you? Let's live like eternity might come today!

Cannot be reproduced without permission from shellyanne1130@gmail.com

Popular Posts